Monday, November 16, 2009

A Woman Can Never Have Too Many Shoes, Handbags or Tupperware

Well The List is having tasks crossed off and added to it all the time and I am loving the feeling of accomplishment every day. While having breakfast I write a mini list of the tasks that hope to get completed that day plus incidentals like washing, unloading dishwasher, getting something out the freezer for dinner etc. It keeps me on track and I am loving it!

Anywhoo, one of the first tasks I tackled after I wrote The List was clearing out my Tupperware cupboards - yes plural - I actually have one full kitchen corner cabinet, two dish drawers and a smaller draw all allocated to my plastic obsession (yeah, I know I can see your OMG expressions now!)

Hubby has no patience when it comes to putting dishes away, especially the plastic fantastic and so they just get thrown in and the door quickly shut hoping that they don't fall out the next time the draw is open. Which they usually do...the day after he has flown out again to work....so I have no one to swear at. This manifests into me doing the same thing having no time to neatly stack everything and so a jumbled mix of bowls and lids are left to their own devices.

At my Pink Ribbon Breakfast I had Tupperware come and show their wares as they donate 10% of all sales to the NBCF and also gave some great donations to the raffle. And of course I had to buy some so the day came when the delivery arrived and I literally had no where to put it. So this was number one of The List .

Well I even surprised myself with how much I had. Below is a picture of all the Tupperware that was in my cupboards.


This picture did NOT include:

  • The myriad of inferior plastic that I also own (Decor anyone?)
  • The kiddie plastic taking up one whole draw (IKEA, Take & Toss)
  • The 32 (yes I counted) Tupperware containers that were in use in the pantry, fridge and freezers.
  • My Tupperware Picnic set
  • The new Tupperware that had been delivered including a 9 piece 'Outdoor Kitchen' set of funky black Tupperware.

Ahem....Addiction Anyone?

This is the part where I get all defensive and justify it all. I'm good at it...I do it to Hubby all the time...

There are only a few things in that picture I do not use and after this clean out am donating to friends - they are the Fridge Smarts (the rectangle thingies with the breather holes) - never could get the hang of them, they take up too much room in my fridge and I go through my veggies too quickly for them to be any use.

That means that EVERYTHING else in that picture does actually get used. Especially my Illusion Bowls (left of the picture, blue lids with the salad servers sitting on them). In summer they are never in the cupboard but are full of salad. They are used at every BBQ and would have to be the best Tupperware purchase EVER.

My newest fabulous piece is the Rice Cooker (round red thingy front left) BEST RICE EVER and I can tell will be getting a lot of use.

Everything has now been put back, within easy reach and not just piled on top of each other so Hubby won't be bothered to put it back properly. I gave a few older bowls and lids to my mum for the holiday house as well as some inferior plastic and odds and ends as well. Everything now has a place and is easy to find and put away and gets used.

Many people have asked me over the years why don't I become a demonstrator. Well for one I don't have the kitchen space! And two, I don't want my love to be tainted which I think it might. Plus party plan income is really only good if you can have a lot of parties and with Hubby working away I would constantly have to get babysitters.

I have been to many parties over the years and can usually tell a new demonstrator what she needs to know and there are not many things left for me to buy. But it never stops me buying - I call it investment shopping! Hey there are worse things I could be doing right?

Well I am just happy this little task is off my list now and I can enjoy my fantastic plastic in all its glory sitting proudly in my cupboards. Now, where did I put that latest catalogue.......

Do you have a Tupperware addiction? What is your favourite piece? Is yours neatly stacked or a jumble of lids and bowls crammed into a draw? Let me know your plastic secret!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails