Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creepy Guy and Pink Ribbons!

I woke up this morning all motivated for my first day as an AVON rep. I had got all my books and order forms ready and after dropping Grotbag at school I drove to my assigned 'territory' to drop so me books at some doors.

Ding Dong AVON Calling!

My 'territory' was one suburb over (apparently the whole of my suburb is the territory or just one person - go figure) and also right next to a train station so I parked the car, put Bugalugs in the buggy and off I set.

It was a beautiful day, really warm, a bit over cast but lovely and I was relishing the fact that I would be getting some exercise as well as (hopefully) earning a bit of extra cash for Christmas.

No sooner had I delivered about 10 books I saw 'creepy guy' coming down the road in the opposite direction. Now although it was pure daylight there really was no-one around. He looked to be talking to himself, looked like he hadn't washed in weeks and sported a beard that looked like it had things living in it. So I thought it would be safer to cross the road and the double back on myself. I saw him turn into a street and then saw him heading toward the train station. Phew!

Bugalugs had fallen asleep and I was enjoying the walk. I turned into a cul-de-sac and delivered a couple more books. I turned around and who should be coming down the cul-de-sac but 'creepy guy'! There really was no one around and as it was a cul-de-sac I had to walk right past him. He was looking around and then straight at me. So I walked straight past him and kept looking right at him staring him down. He eventually looked away and then said 'er..do you have the time" I told him no and kept walking. All I could think of was Bugalugs asleep in the pram. Creepy guy just kind of just stopped and loitered at the end of the cul-de-sac and I kept looking around to make sure he was still there. He completely avoided eye contact and I high taled it out of there. All the way back to the car I kept looking over my shoulder and got Bugalugs in the car quick smart. I had the eebbiie jibbies by then and just wanted to get home.

As soon as I got home I called the lady who had signed me up and left her a message telling her she could have the territory back!! Ain't going there again!!! (it's 9 o'clock at night and she hasn't called me back....hmmmm!)

After I came home and calmed down I tried not to think of what would have happened if he had come up behind me before I saw him coming down the cul-de-sac. I also realise he might live streets around there and so really don't want to have to maybe bump into him again. He may have just come on the train and was wandering but I don't want to take that chance. The thing is the suburb is a really good suburb so it wasn't like I was on the wrong side of the tracks.

Anyhoo....it kind of tainted my first AVON experience. I think I might give up having a territory and just stick to doing it socially among people I know. A lot safer that way! I am under no obligation anyway so can just quit anytime so will see if it is worth my while.

On a brighter Pinker note I am holding my 2nd Annual Pink Ribbon Breakfast this Saturday for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Last year I raised just over $550 so am hoping to double it this year. It really is fun day. All the girls come dressed in pink and bring a little something to eat and share. We have a raffle and basically chat and gossip the morning away!!! I will be sure to post some pictures of the day!

You can help me achieve my fundraising goal by making a donation, with all money raised going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation's research programs, It's quick and easy. You can make a secure online donation to my breakfast using your credit card by clicking HERE.

And even more exciting news...my Hubby is home tomorrow YAY! It's early as he is not supposed to be back until Tuesday but is attending a conference so they are flying him home earlier so we get a 'free' weekend together. Well, I am kicking him out while the breakfast is on....well no men allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails