Sunday, August 9, 2009

Banoffie Pies - Yum!

Look divine don't they!

Let me start by saying that I can actually take no
credit for this "recipe" or really it should be called a "Put Together". My BFF Anastasia Beaverhausen (lets call her AB) brought them to my house as a desert for a dinner party I threw.

The best dinner parties are always when the guests bring there own little something something!!

Another guest had commented that she had made them herself a few weeks before and it took her 2 hours. AB snorted and said "these babies took me 5 minutes and 4 teaspoons!!"

We all leaned in closer for the secret to these delicious little morsels of delight. I LOVE to cook but am not that keen on baking so this was heaven to my ears. So today I share the secret with you. The ones in the picture above are ones I made this morning to take to my Auntie's birthday get together this afternoon. My step-dad has one of the sweetest teeth I know so really they are for him. He loves it when I "bake"!! (Shhh!)

AB's Banoffie Pies
12 Shortcrust Tartlet Cases
1 Can of Nestle Top'n'Fill Caramel
1 Banana
1 Tub of Thick "Dollop" cream (no whipping here!!)
1 Cadbury Flake

Method
Open packet of tartlets.
Open can of Top'n'Fill.
Spoon caramel into tart cases.
Cut banana into thin slices and place on top of Caramel
Dollop cream on top of bananas.
Sprinkle flake onto cream! Refrigerate till needed or scoff at will!

Voila - Banoffie Pies!!

Some notable notes. I used light cream to be a bit more virtuous and also made two with canned light whipped cream as Bling will be there today and she is on Weight Watchers (they work out to about 5 points). But AB made hers with double thick cream and they were delicious. I didn't actually use the whole can of the caramel there was still some left at the bottom and I only used half the carton of cream.

So, please feel free to make your shortcrust pastry, boil your can of condensed milk and whip your cream - but for me I am more than happy to say that I "threw these together" and literally mean it!

Now I have more time to do my hair!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails